Sunday, December 23, 2018

GAS Bowstrings




    When my obsession with archery started, compound bows were just becoming a normal thing in the hunting industry. Although some people had begun using compounds, the vast majority of people were still using recurves, and I could hit apples with my recurve at 20 yards. Looking back on it, I'm not sure how I was ever able to do that. I'm glad my dad started me with a recurve, though. 
  As time moved forward, compound bows quickly began popping up all over the place. They came in many different designs, too. Most of the bows I used had steel cables and thick strings. Gradually, the strings began improving and steel cables disappeared. Different string materials quickly made their way to the market, and it became much easier to tune bows.
  Before long, aftermarket string companies began competing with each other and the vast number of choices for a string maker made it hard to know if you were choosing the best product. Over the course of the last 20 years, I've used a variety of string makers, usually sticking to one company but trying many of them. 
  Last year, Eric Griggs got back into the string business after being absent for a number of years when his love of archery landed him a job in the industry with a bow manufacturer, which ended up becoming part of a larger group with many archery related companies in it.  Having known Eric for a number of years, I've always known him to be a fierce competitor. He wants to be the best at everything he does, including making strings. He also puts everything he has into achieving the goals he sets for himself.
  Since I know how much he puts into his business, I knew I wanted to veer away from the longtime string maker I had been using and try something new. I began seeing issues with the strings I was receiving from another aftermarket string company. The servings were separating, and the overall quality of the strings had gone from being the best in the business to marginal at best. I had used this company for about 20 years. 
  After deciding to switch to GAS Bowstrings, my equipment has worked flawlessly. After installing strings on my PSE Supra Focus on Saturday, the peep never moved a centimeter after putting it in and shooting a hundred arrows. After setting the timing on the bow and checking it again after shooting a number of arrows, I was amazed to see that the timing was still dead on. 
  I could go on and on about the strings, but I'm sure you get the hint. When something is as good as this, there really isn't much reason to keep talking about it. If you need a new set of strings this year, I would seriously consider giving GAS Bowstrings a shot. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. If you have any issues with your strings after installing them, Eric and his staff are wonderful to work with, and you can contact them with any of your concerns. Since they are archers, they can relate to everything you can throw at them, and they will do their best to answer your questions and fix any issues that you might encounter. 
  The ability to choose your string colors and servings makes it nice for people who like to have their bows stand out in a crowd. You can get anything you want, and the quality of your strings will be second to none. 
  If you're new to the aftermarket string arena, I can assure you that this company is one that you should support. There aren't many companies that put the customer first. When you find a company that is more concerned about trying to make you successful with their products than they are about making themselves successful by having you buy their products, you know you have found a winner. 
  GAS Bowstrings is also on the verge of introducing some great new things in the string-making world. Keep your eyes open for the big announcement in the coming days. This is something that you definitely don't want to miss. When you think nothing better can happen in the string world, GAS Bowstrings comes along and shows the consumer that it's about the shooters and making the best possible strings for them. They want the shooters to have the most reliable strings they can get, and they want people's bows to perform flawlessly.
  I've attached a picture below with all of the contact information for GAS Bowstrings. Do yourself a favor when it comes time to change your threads, and call Eric and his crew. Let the new sheriff in town keep your bow on a straight line to the winner's circle. There's a reason why GAS Bowstrings tag line is, "Fuel Your Success." It really is that easy, pull up to the GAS pump and fill it up. You won't burn through this fuel when you're speeding to victory.





No comments:

Post a Comment